Terms & Conditions of Sale, Deposit & Warranty
- Prices shown are based on the Show Pod details on our site. Any requested alterations will be subject to a corresponding adjustment in the applicable item price.
- VAT where shown is charged at the applicable charging rate(s). Fixed items integral to the building are charged at a VAT rate of 5%. Any removable items are charged at a VAT rate of 20%. Please note that any subsequent additions to the Pod, after completion, would have to be charged at a VAT rate of 20%, whether fixed or removable items.
- Any faults noted on delivery, should be notified to us within 48 hours of delivery, in writing.
- The finishes to individual items are subject to stock availability. Should there be any change to the show items (if chosen), we shall inform you before proceeding.
- If you require any of the items displayed in the Show Pod that are not itemised, please enquire as to availability/price.
- Due to the use of natural green oak on the construction of the pods, natural movement and shrinkage of the oak will occur and in this instance, such shrinkage will not be covered by our warranty.
- Prices include a 12 months manufacturer’s warranty on the Pod structure and against water ingress. All electrical items will be supplied with standard manufacturer’s guarantee for application by individual purchasers.
- The Pod is covered under our insurance until it leaves our site at Stonehill Quarry. In the event that you arrange the delivery of the Pod yourself, you should make sure that the Pod is fully insured whilst in transit to your site (by either your appointed haulier or yourself) and you should arrange for appropriate insurance to commence once it has been unloaded onto your site.
- We will endeavour to give you as accurate dates for production and delivery of your Pod as possible. Please let us know, on order, if there are any dates which you wish to avoid as you will need to be present at the time of delivery in order to check and sign for the safe delivery of your Pod. Should any damage have occurred during delivery, please show the transport driver, make a note of what damage has occurred on the delivery slip and contact us. To be able to make a claim, any external damage must be noted on the delivery slip.
- We strongly suggest that we carry out a site visit before delivery in order for us to check the access to ensure that the Pod can be delivered safely. There is a charge for this which is dependent on the location of your site (cost will be given on instruction). Please give us at least one week’s notice if you would like to arrange this. Pods delivered without a prior site visit are delivered at the purchaser’s own risk – we cannot be held responsible if the unit cannot be delivered and no refund of the price of the Pod will be given if delivery cannot take place.
- Delivery can be made nationwide. The Pod is loaded and off-loaded using our specifically exclusively designed trailer, which can then be used to position the Pod on your site. Delivery would be made via a low loader lorry and an on-site vehicle would be required to manoeuvre the Pod into position.
- In general we would strongly advise that your Pod is sited on a level hardstanding base, such as a concrete slab, for stability and also for good preservation of the Pod structure itself purposes. The hardstanding base should be slightly larger than the Pod itself. Any competent local building contactor should be able to assist you with these works and we are more than happy to answer any queries you or your appointed contractor may have in this respect. No responsibility will be taken by Otter Pods under the warranty in the event that the Pod has been incorrectly sited by you/a third party on an inappropriate base and/or the Pod itself has not been levelled on siting.
- All kitchen and bathroom plumbing has been installed and tested at our workshop, ready to connect to your on site water and drainage systems but we would suggest, due to the possibility of any loosening of the connections during transportation, that you have the connection to your on site services undertaken and tested by a fully qualified professional plumbing contractor upon final siting of the Pod unit. No responsibility will be taken by Otter Pods under the warranty in the event that these elements of siting have not been undertaken by a fully qualified professional plumbing contractor and confirmation of this is evidenced.
- All electrical installations are fully tested on completion at our workshop and electrical installation certificated but again we would advise that any connection to your on site electrical supply is undertaken and finally tested by a fully qualified professional electrical contractor, upon final siting of the Pod unit. No responsibility will be taken by Otter Pods under the warranty in the event that these elements of siting have not been undertaken by a fully qualified professional electrical contractor and confirmation of this is evidenced.
Because all pods are bespoke to order a 50% non-returnable deposit of the total order value is required upon confirmation/acceptance of order. The balance due will be payable by way of cleared funds prior to the day of delivery. Payment can be made by cheque, bankers draft or BACS transfer.
Prices include a 12 months manufacturer’s warranty on the Pod structure and against water ingress. All electrical items will be supplied with standard manufacturer’s guarantee for application by individual purchasers.